Recently, I had the opportunity to travel from Vienna to Budapest. This is an easy trip – in less than 2.5 hours by train you can travel from the city center of Vienna to downtown Budapest. We were quite fortunate to stay at the Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest.
The Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest is the the first and only member of The Leading Hotels of the World in Hungary. The hotel is located in the heart of pedestrian zone of central Budapest.
The modern Kempinski Hotel Corvinus has 349 elegant rooms, including 33 suites. The rooms feature all the conveniences you would expect in a modern hotel: high-tech infotainment systems, free Wi-Fi Internet access, iFace mirror information systems, and even electric car charging stations.
There are numerous dining options in the redesigned ground floor. They include:
* ÉS Bisztró – A Hungarian-Viennese brasserie
* Blue Fox The Bar – Hotspot for creative cocktails & gourmet burgers
* Nobu – Sought after new-style Japanese restaurant
* The Living Room – A contemporary coffee house.
Above clockwise: The view from our room; The pool in Kempinski The Spa; the relaxation area in the Spa; the exterior seating of ÉS Bisztró
During our brief stay, my wife took advantage of Kempinski The Spa. This soothing spa features a choice of massage therapies, Elemental Herbology treatments, a heated pool, saunas, a fitness centre and a bar. Her treatment… an incredible massage and facial! Totally relaxed, she was more than ready to explore the Gastronomic Quarter and Fashion district of downtown Budapest. Both are adjacent to the well-positioned Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest. We also enjoyed the Bistro, The Blue Fox, and incredible service throughout the hotel!
I met Julianna Péter-Renka, the Sales Manager for the hotel and she gave me a very in-depth tour of the hotel. We talked of the history of the hotel, the neighborhood, ad of the rooms and facilities in the hotel. I found this was not only a great retreat, but also a business hub. They have ten salons and meeting rooms which are suitable for conferences, meetings, lunches, dinners, weddings, exhibitions. They’ve even had fashion shows for up to 450 participants. Underneath the hotel is a 230-car garage. This hotel, combined with this downtown location, makes for a great business/leisure combination.
Julianna and I discussed the four pillars of the Kempinski philosophy – Beauty, Gourmet, Culture and Savoir-vivre – which are evident throughout the hotel. We also went through the “numbers. Here are the NUMBER OF ROOMS AND SUITES
• 162 Superior Double Rooms (28-32 m2)
• 124 Deluxe Double Rooms (32-35 m2)
• 30 Grand Deluxe Double Rooms (35-43 m2)
• 31 Suites (43-124 m2)
• 1 Presidential Suite (172 m2)
• 1 Royal Suite (189 m2)
• 3 Handicapped Rooms
Staying with the business-aspects of the hotel, you’ll find Free Wi-Fi, Wired internet, a large working desk, High-tech infotainment systems, 3 direct-dial telephones, a Business Center with secretarial services, and all those different meeting rooms. Again, the combination of leisure and business worked well for our family. I worked at the in-room desk; my wife headed to the Spa… then we both met (both content) for a drink the bar downstairs.
And then there is Budapest! What a vibrant city – so much to see and do! The hotel lists the following areas of interest:
• Chain Bridge • St Stephen’s Basilica • Parliament • Opera House • Great Synagogue • Shopping District • Citadel • Castle District • Funicular • Royal Palace • Fisherman’s Bastion • Matthias Church • Hungarian National Gallery • Ludwig Museum • Gold Museum • Palace of Art • Museum of Fine Arts • Heroes’ Square • Széchenyi Thermal Bath • Jewish Quarter with rumble bars
Head to Budapest and enjoy an incredible stay at the Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest. Through our relationship with Brownell Travel – A Virtuoso Agency – we are able to secure the following Virtuoso Amenities**:
– Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests
– Upgrade to next room category, at time of booking, subject to availability
– Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
– Complimentary fruit bowl
– “Taste of Hungary” Selection of macaroons inspired by Hungarian flavors, The world-wide famous Hungarian wine, Tokaji Aszu, Paprika powder, traditional Hungarian embroidered coasters
– Complimentary in-room WIFI access
– Complimentary usage of Kempinski The Spa and Fitness center
We look forward to helping you create wonderful memories in Budapest!
** Virtuoso Amenities are subject to change
copyright (c) 2015 by Ron Phillips Travel LLC – luxury travel and consultancy. All rights reserved. If you have comments on this post or questions about booking travel, Contact Ron Phillips Travel