I just returned from MLT University, the travel industry’s premier educational seminar and tradeshow. The tradeshow was started in 1994 and is hosted by MLT Vacations, a national leader in the wholesale travel industry, and an innovator in providing education and destination resources to the travel agent community.
More than 2,500 travel advisers and 250 destination, hotel, and tour partners attended this year’s event in Minneapolis. Like the other travel advisers, I came to MLTU to learn what’s new in vacation travel, and more about MLT vacation products.
Each travel adviser selects from a variety of information-packed classes presented by destination experts. You build your own schedule, based on your – and your clients’ – preferences. I gained insider tips on destinations, met trusted hotel partners, and learned how to best utilize the MLT website.
Based on conversations with clients, I attended these classes:
- Luxury: Attainable Indulgence
- Italy: Beyond Pizza and Pasta
- France – Paris, French Riviera and Monte Carlo: Language of Louvre
- England: Where Modern Day Meets History
- Escorted Tours and River Cruises: Europe and Beyond!
- St. Martin/St. Maarten & Anguilla: A Foodie’s Paradise
- Punta Cana
- St. Lucia/Turks & Caicos: Gems of the Caribbean
- Riviera Maya: Magical Mayan Memories
- Puerto Vallarta/Riviera Nayarit: One Gateway, Two Adventures
MLT University is a wonderful learning opportunity for travel advisers. I was there for two of the three available days… and it’s a busy, well-organized trade-show, packed full of useful information that will help me get the best travel opportunities for my clients. With almost 50 classes, I’ll be back next year to learn more!
copyright (c) 2013 by Ron Phillips Travel LLC – luxury travel and consultancy. All rights reserved. If you have comments on this column, or questions about booking travel, Contact Ron Phillips Travel