Il Pellicano Hotel, Porto Ercole
Il Pellicano is one of the select few to receive the “Purple Lily” by Relais & Châteaux, establishing it as one of the 19 most prestigious hotels among its 469 members. On the Tuscan coast, the hotel’s central building and cottages are surrounded by centuries-old olive trees set in an extensive garden.
Two Michelin star Restaurant IL PELLICANO. Tuscan style Pelligrill Restaurant, lift to the private cove with direct access to the sea, heated seawater swimming pool, water-skiing, tennis court, PELLICLUB Health & Beauty center, fitness, boutique, The Olive meeting room, covered parking and private car service meeting at the airport. Riding nearby and golf within a 15-minute drive. Property closes for the winter from November through March.
– Roman/Etruscan ruins and Museum of Cosa in Ansedonia
– Etruscan tombs and Museum in Tarquinia
– Medieval Castle, Museum and Roman Bridge of Vulci
– Roman/Etruscan town of Roselle
– Archeological Museum in Grosseto
– Islands of Giglio and Giannutri with its Roman Villa
– Uccellina Nature Park
– Bolsena lake
Visit wonderful typical medieval towns such as Tuscania, Sovana, Sorano, Pitigliano, Siena, Massa Marittima, Saturina, and Capalbio by car.
– Walking Jogging, Bicycling in the beautiful Feniglia pine forest, also a nature reserve
– Horseback riding at the Giannella Beach
– Swim in the warm Saturnia Sulpher baths
– Boating along the beautiful Argentario coast and to the Island of Giglio and Giannutri
– Eating in some of the picturesque medieval nearby villages
– Helicopter or airplane tours available
– Golf at “Argentario Golf Resort”
– Cooking Class & Cocktail Masterclass
– In Orbetello: Boutiques along the main street (Corso Italia) and the boutique “Rosati”
– In Porto Santo Stefano: the boutiques “Mariangela” and “Galatolo” for designer clothes such as Kenzo, Moschino, Ferrè, Missoni, etc.
– In Porto Ercole: the boutiques: “Macramè,” “Morgan’s”
Public Markets: 7:30 am to 1pm
Porto Ercole – Monday mornings
Orbetello – Saturday mornings
Porto Santo Stefano: Tuesday mornings
Grosseto: Thursday mornings
Il Pellicano Hotel
Number of Rooms: 50
Date Opened: 1965
Year Renovated: 2011
Porto Ercole, Italy (Toscana)
Telephone, Slippers, Safe, DVD player, Laundry/dry cleaning/pressing, Internet access – wireless, Parking – complimentary, Car rental desk, Spa, Restaurant, Pool – outdoor, Conference facilities, Lounge/bar, Fitness Center, Concierge desk, Beach, Golf, Water sports, Horseback riding, Safe deposit box, Children not allowed, Air conditioning, Wakeup calls, Turndown service, Room service, Newspaper – complimentary, Mini-bar, Library – CD/DVD, Clock radio, Bathrobes, Sauna, Business center, Boutiques/shops, Hair dryer, Continental breakfast – complimentary, Tennis, Television, iPod docking station
Through our affiliation with Brownell Travel, a Virtuoso Agency, Ron Phillips Travel is pleased to provide you these and other exclusive Virtuoso benefits:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Full Buffet breakfast already included in rates
- VIP Tuscan Welcome amenities on arrival
- 100 EUR credit to use in the Bar, Restaurant or Pelliclub
- Complimentary garage parking & internet access/wi-fi connection
- Use of Beach Club & Swimming Pool, Gym, Steam Bath, Tennis Court
Content from virtuoso.com; Virtuoso amenities subject to change.
If you would like a preferred reservation with this hotel, email Ron Phillips Travel!