We had the opportunity to visit the Hotel Cipriani and Palazzo Vendramin by Orient-Express during a summer trip to Venice. We boarded the private launch from Piazza San Marco and comfortably headed to the tip of the Giudecca Island. Here, in a MUCH quieter part of Venice, we disembarked at the Hotel Cipriani.
From the minute you enter, there is not doubt why this hotel is synonymous for the Dolce Vita, Venetian style. The Hotel Cipriani is QUITE luxurious and immediately you relax, far from the maddening crowds you left at Piazza San Marco and downtown Venice. When you stand on the dock admiring the hotel, the noise, bustle, and tourism of Venice fades away… and you’re struck by the beauty of the Veneto.
We were met by Barbara Maniacco, the Guest Relations Manager (on the left). We walked the entire property and met Giampaolo Ottazzi, the General Manager of the Hotel Cipriani. He has been the GM for five years – and although VERY busy with a “Dinner in the Sky” promo being set up – he graciously took the time to talk with us. All the staff we met very professional and very respectful.
The Hotel Cipriani has 95 guestrooms including 48 junior suites and suites, most fully renovated, all with superb views of the lagoon, the Palladian church of San Giorgio Maggiore or the enchanting Casanova Gardens. It is such a contrast to have the water view or an incredible garden view. Depending on the type of stay you want, choose the appropriate room (and view). For us, we like the suites with the huge terraces overlooking the pool. But the garden view was so peaceful – and beautiful. We spent almost 30 minutes just wandering through the gardens.
We were able to see many rooms… and there are a lot of choices:
– Double Room Lagoon View Balcony Cipriani
– Double Room St. Marks View Palazzo Build
– Junior Suite Garden View Balcony Cipriani
– Junior Suite Pool Side Balcony Cipriani
– Junior Suite Lagoon View Balcony Cipriani
– Suite Garden View Balcony Palazzo Building
– Suite Lagoon View Cipriani Building
– Suite Lagoon View Balcony Cipriani
– Suite St. Marks View Palazzo Building
– Suite Exclusive Lagoon View Balcony Cipriani
– Suite Dogaressa Palazzo Building
– Suite Palladio Cipriani Building
The hotel is not inexpensive… but after a day or so you discover the “VALUE” of the hotel. Certainly one of the best hotels we’ve visited in the world! We had lunch at the hotel, looking out over the lagoon. The food was incredible… and the Bellini’s …Well, they were made like a Bellini SHOULD be made!
The Hotel Cipriani sells out quickly so book in advance. Through our affiliation with Brownell Travel, enjoy these and other exclusive Virtuoso benefits, compliments of Ron Phillips Travel and Brownell:
– Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
– American Breakfast for up to two in-room guests daily served in restaurant or via room service already included in rates
– $100 USD Resort or Hotel credit, to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
The Hotel Cipriani and Palazzo Vendramin by Orient-Express is a wonderful luxury hotel and so different, removed, and unique when compared to the crowded, touristy parts of Venice… we can’t wait to go back!
copyright (c) 2013 by Ron Phillips Travel LLC – luxury travel and consultancy. All rights reserved. If you have comments on this column, or questions about booking travel, Contact Ron Phillips Travel