One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises first set sail in 1965 with a single ship cruising to Mexico. Today, the line has grown to become the third largest cruise line in the world, renowned for innovative ships, an array of onboard options, and an environment of exceptional customer service. A recognized leader in worldwide cruising, Princess offers approximately 1.3 million passengers each year the opportunity to escape to the top destinations around the globe, aboard a fleet of 16 modern vessels.
Princess Cruises was catapulted to stardom in 1977 when one of its ships, Pacific Princess, was cast in a starring role on a new television show called “The Love Boat.” The weekly series, which introduced millions of viewers to the concept of a sea-going vacation, was an instant hit and both the company name and its “seawitch” logo have remained synonymous with cruising ever since. The show, which can still be seen around the world, has been widely credited with fueling the dramatic expansion of the industry.
Since the line’s beginnings, Princess has frequently paved the way in the cruise industry, evolving to meet the needs of the today’s vacationer. In fact, a number of Princess concepts have since been adopted by the entire cruise industry.
- In the 1980s Princess pioneered the concept of the affordable veranda, once an exclusive feature incorporated in only the most expensive suites.
- In the mid-1990s the company pioneered the concept of putting passengers in control of their own cruise experience with the introduction a wide range of flexible onboard facilities, amenities and services in order to create a personal vacation experience.
- The company also pioneered 24-hour dining with the first ‘round-the-clock restaurant.
- Dining options were further revolutionized in 2001 as Princess became the first cruise line to offer passengers a choice in their main dining room experience – either the traditional seating or a restaurant-style Anytime Dining, in which diners could eat when and with whom they chose.
- Some other Princess innovations over the years include the first wedding chapel hosting modern-day weddings at sea; the unique Times Square-style Movies Under the Stars poolside movie screen; and The Sanctuary, an adults-only oasis that has become exceedingly popular with passengers looking to relax.
Great reasons to cruise with Princess
Warm, welcoming service – Just unpack and let us handle the rest. That’s our goal as The Consummate Host® — to make you feel content and comfortable starting the minute you set foot onboard.
The best itineraries – As cruise destination experts, our experience and meticulous planning have earned us “Best Cruise Line Itineraries” for seven years running in a survey of travel agents for Recommend magazine. Cruise with us and you can be sure to experience the best of each region you visit, no matter which of our over 100 itineraries to more than 300 ports you choose.
A relaxed, rejuvenating retreat at sea – Our primary goal is for you to escape completely®. That’s why you’ll find every detail — from the friendly stateroom steward who greets you by name to the comfortably elegant venues that range from lively to intimate — is designed with your relaxation in mind.
Delicious, fresh food – We take dining seriously because we know how important it is to your cruise experience. Every sauce is made from scratch, breads and pastries are baked fresh throughout the day, and our chefs use local products to create dishes inspired by the region you’re visiting.
Exclusive amenities – Only on Princess can you enjoy evenings spent watching Movies Under the Stars®, with complimentary blankets and popcorn. Meet friends for a small bite, wine by the glass and enjoy street performer-style entertainment in the Piazza. Or spend a few hours of tranquility in The Sanctuary — a retreat just for adults where you can enjoy a massage, signature drinks and snacks or the spectacular sea views from your plush lounge chair.
Stretch your vacation dollars – Compared to a land vacation, a cruise with Princess provides a great value for your vacation dollars. Your fare not only includes the comfortable accommodations of your well-appointed stateroom, but also many of our fresh dining options, dazzling entertainment and access to our health and wellness facilities.
The experts love us – We’ve been sailing for more than 40 years, and our officers and crew are intimately familiar with the ports you’ll visit. But don’t just take our word for it — we’re continually being honored by the industry for our carefully planned itineraries, our spectacular ships, and the way we make everyone, of every age, feel relaxed and happy when they’re with us. View our cruise awards.
I would be happy to coordinate your Princess Cruise experience; please contact me. This agency has achieved the prestigious Commodore status in the Princess Academy Training program, thus certified as Princess Line expert for booking travel. As a Commodore, I’ve joined an exclusive group of travel professionals who are recognized by Cunard at the Academy’s highest level for their unique qualifications and knowledge as a voyage planning professional.