Ruby Princess – Corfu….
Day 5 on our Mediterranean cruise took us to Corfu, a UNESCO world heritage site. Corfu is a city of contrasts and so much to see:
• Spianáda, located in the center of the city is the largest square in the Balkans.
• Listón, Majestic arcades where the aristocrats used to enjoy their evening promenades. Some of the city’s best cafés are here.
• The 15th century Old Fortress, and the New Fortress.
• The Saint Michael and George Palace, built during the British occupation.
• Many churches including the city’s Cathedral, the Church of St. Spyridon.
• And numerous museums!
We decided to take the path less traveled and hopped a bus to head outside the city limits and get a different perspective on Corfu.
After a full day of touring the island, we headed by to the ship to enjoy the remainder of our day. What could be better than cruising through the Greek Islands, sitting by the pool, and enjoying the sun and scenery?
copyright (c) 2013 by Ron Phillips Travel LLC – luxury travel and consultancy. All rights reserved. If you have comments on this column, or questions about booking travel, Contact Ron Phillips Travel